Last Updated: July 2022
Accessing, Modifying, Rectifying, and Correcting Collected Personal Information
Your California Privacy Rights
Your Nevada Rights
Cookies, Web Tracking, and Advertising
Do Not Track
TE does not require you to provide us with any personal information. Unless you provide your personal information to TE through the Services, we will not collect any personal information from you. However, in order to use certain functionality (including, for example, to subscribe to our newsletters) on the Services, to participate in promotions offered from time to time or to purchase products through the Services, you will need to provide certain personal information to us.
The types of personal information we collect about you depends on your interactions with us and your use of the Services. In the past twelve (12) months, we collected the below categories of personal information from our users:
- Identifiers such as your name, alias, postal address, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, phone number, or other similar identifiers and contact information.
- Payment information, such as your credit card or debit card number, provided to our payment vendors and ticketing platforms when you purchase tickets to attend our festival or other events.
- Commercial information, including records of personal products or services purchased or obtained, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies, such as tickets you purchase or festivals or events that you attend.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement.
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information, such as your voice and likeness that you authorize us to use in connection with our sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions.
- Professional or employment-related information, such as your biographical data that you submit in connection with our sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions.
- Inferences drawn from any of the information above to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, and behavior.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information other than those categories listed above. If we intend to collect additional categories of personal information, we will provide you with a new notice at or before the time of collection.
We collect and process your personal information for the following purposes:
- Providing, predicting, or performing, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, and processing payments.
- Marketing our products and services to you, including sending you messages about the products and services we offer, which may include contests, rewards, events, and special offers for products and services, or the products and services our partners or prospective partners offer.
- Communicating with you by email mail, telephone, and other methods of communication, about products, services, order status, and information tailored to your requests or inquiries.
- Auditing related to a current interaction with the consumer and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards.
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Short-term, transient use, including, but not limited to, the contextual customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction.
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration.
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of the services or devices owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the services or devices owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us.
- Complying with applicable laws, regulations, rules and requests of relevant law enforcement and/or other governmental agencies, or for other purposes, as permitted or required by law.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, and safety of our users, us, and other third parties.
We collect your personal information from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. When you provide it to us directly whether online, by email, phone, or in-person, such as when you sign-up to receive our newsletter, register or purchase tickets for our festival or other events, or enter into sweepstakes, contests and other promotions.
- Automatically or indirectly from you. For example, through logging and analytics tools, cookies, pixel tags, such as Google Analytics and Crazy Egg, and as a result of your use of and access to the Services, or through your interactions with us on social media websites.
- From our Service Providers. For example, order and payment processing and fulfillment services, commercial email providers, security consultants, and other Service Providers we engage.
We share personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Our Service Providers. TE will share your personal information with other entities who work on our behalf or with us, for example, production vendors, order and payment processing and fulfillment services, commercial email providers, and security consultants. These entities may use your personal information to help fulfill your requests in connection with the Services and to help us communicate with you about different resources offered as part of the Services.
- Our affiliated entities. TE will share your personal information with our parent, subsidiary and affiliate companies, or entities to which any of our assets, products, sites or operations may be transferred, will be able to use your personal information.
- Our partners or prospective partners in order to provide us and/or our affiliates and partners with information about the use of the Services and levels of engagement with the Services, and to allow us to enter into new business relationships.
- Government agencies or regulations when permitted or required to do so by law; in response to a request from a law enforcement agency or authority or any regulatory authority; and/or to protect the integrity of the Services or our interests, rights, property, or safety, and/or that of our users and others. For example, we may share personal information (such as name, email, and phone number) with the Department of Health for purposes of contact tracing.
- We may also release your personal information to third parties if we believe such release is necessary (i) to comply with the law (e.g., a legal process or a statutory authorization), (ii) to apply or enforce our user agreements, (iii) as part of a corporate reorganization, consolidation, merger, or sale of substantially all of the assets of TE, or (iv) if we reasonably believe that a danger to any person requires disclosure of such personal information.
Your rights vary depending on the laws that apply to you, but may include:
- The right to know whether, and for what purposes, we process your personal information;
- The right to be informed about the personal information we collect and/or process about you;
- The right to learn the source of personal information about you we process;
- The right to access, modify, and correct personal information about you (see the “Accessing, Modifying, Rectifying, and Correcting Collected Personal Information” section below for more information)
- The right to know with whom we have shared your personal information with, for what purposes, and what personal information has been shared (including whether personal information was disclosed to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes);
- The right to withdraw your consent, where processing of personal information is based on your consent; and
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority located in the jurisdiction of your habitual residence, place of work, or where an alleged violation of law occurred
- a. Accessing, Modifying, Rectifying, and Correcting Collected Personal Information
We strive to maintain the accuracy of any personal information collected from you, and will try to respond promptly to update our records when you tell us the information in our records is not correct. However, we must rely upon you to ensure that the information you provide to us is complete, accurate, and up-to-date, and to inform us of any changes. Please review all of your information carefully before submitting it to us, and notify us as soon as possible of any updates or corrections.
- b. Your California Privacy Right
- c. Your Nevada Privacy Rights
Nevada law permits our users who are Nevada consumers to request that their personal information not be sold (as defined under applicable Nevada law), even if their personal information is not currently being sold. Requests may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, and are free of charge.
You have choices about certain information we collect about you, how we communicate with you, and how we process certain personal information. When you are asked to provide information, you may decline to do so; but if you choose not to provide information that is necessary to provide some of our Services, you may not be able to use those Services. In addition, it is possible to change your browser settings to block the automatic collection of certain information.
- Communications Opt-Out. You may opt out of receiving marketing or other communications from us at any time through a given communications channel (such as email) by following the opt-out link or other unsubscribe instructions provided in any email message received.
Note that if you do business with us in the future, you may not, subject to applicable law, opt out of certain automated notifications, such as order or subscription confirmations, based on business transactions (e.g., e-commerce).
Cookies, Web Tracking, and Advertising. To learn about the available mechanisms for opting out of cookies and technologies related to interest-based advertising, see the descriptions and links below.
- Opting out of tracking on 3rd party networks:
Click here to visit the Network Advertising Initiative site to set preferences and opt out of third party targeting programs
Click here to opt out of the Google Ad Network (Doubleclick, AdSense)
We use reasonable and appropriate physical, technical, and organizational safeguards designed to promote the security of our systems and protect the confidentiality, integrity, availability, and resilience of personal information.
However, no method of safeguarding information is completely secure. While we use measures designed to protect personal information, we cannot guarantee that our safeguards will be effective or sufficient. In addition, you should be aware that Internet data transmission is not always secure, and we cannot warrant that information you transmit utilizing the Services is or will be secure.
You must be eighteen (18) years of age or older in order to use the Website. Children under eighteen (18) years of age are not permitted to use the Services, and TE does not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under eighteen (18) years of age. By using the Services, you represent that you are eighteen (18) years of age or older, or are sixteen (16) years of age or older and have valid parental consent to do so.
- Business Transfer. We may, in the future, sell or otherwise transfer some or all of our business, operations or assets to a third party, whether by merger, acquisition or otherwise. Personal information we obtain from or about you via the Services may be disclosed to any potential or actual third-party acquirers and may be among those assets transferred.
- Do Not Track. We use analytics systems and providers and participate in ad networks that process personal information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services, and these systems and providers may provide some of this information to us. We do not currently process or comply with any web browser’s “do not track” signal or similar mechanisms.
- International Use. Your personal information will be stored and processed in the United States. If you are using the Services from outside the United States, by your use of the Services you acknowledge that we will transfer your data to, and store your personal information in, the United States, which may have different data protection rules than in your country, and personal information may become accessible as permitted by law in the United States, including to law enforcement and/or national security authorities in the United States.