The Tribeca Film Festival and Threadless.com, the popular t-shirt design site, today announced Chris Phillips from North Carolina as the winner of the first annual 2007 official Festival t-shirt “Loves Threadless” competition, based on the interpretation of the theme “Passion Through Storytelling.” The winning design was selected from a month long international competition where more than 200 designers submitted designs and were voted on by an online community of 300,000. A limited edition of 1000 t-shirts will be reproduced for $25 in sizes S-XXL. The sixth annual Tribeca Film Festival, presented by American Express, takes place across Manhattan April 25 – May 6, 2007.
The t-shirt will debut as part of a new line of merchandise for the Festival, which will be on sale beginning April 1st at http://www.tribecafilmfestival.org/store.html as well as at the Main Box Office at 15 Laight Street and select theater locations.
The newly expanded assortment of apparel and accessories captures the style and attitude of the Festival with women’s and men’s tees, hoodies, and hats that feature the catchphrases “I got Drama at Tribeca Film Festival” and “I Got Action at Tribeca Film Festival.” All apparel is produced on American Apparel and Royal Apparel 100% cotton tees and hoodies, in sizes S-XXL for $20 and $45.
In addition, the Festival will offer a limited edition t-shirt and matching poster by artist Clifford Ross. A participating artist in last year’s Festival, Ross, has donated one of his one-of-a-kind images to represent the 2007 Tribeca Film Festival.
Moleskine and Crumpler, two brands that for the past few years have been exclusively given out to Jurors and filmmakers will now be available to all festival goers. Moleskine will introduce their newest product "The City Guide,” a customizable local travel guide which is available in New York for the first time at the 2007 Festival. Moleskine will also be producing reporter’s notebooks with the Festival logo imprinted on the cover. Crumpler will be the “official” bag of the 2007 Festival and will be producing a stylish new "Filmmaker" messenger bag and an "Urban" tote bag.
New 2007 Family Festival merchandise includes children’s tees, a soft lunch pack and even a baby onesie.
The following are stylish designer collaborations, created exclusively for TFF:
- “Threadless” Graphic Men’s Short Sleeve T-Shirt (Size S - XXL)- $25
- “Threadless” Graphic Women’s Short Sleeve T-Shirt (Size S-XXL) - $25
- “Moleskine” Reporter Notebook – $20
- “Moleskine” NYC Guide - $25
- “Crumpler” Filmmaker Messenger Bag - $65
- “Crumpler” Urban Tote - $65
- “Clifford Ross” T-Shirt - $30
- “Clifford Ross” Poster- $30
Traditional Festival merchandise includes:
- Men’s Short Sleeve T-Shirt (Sizes S-XXL)-$20
- Men’s Hooded Sweatshirt (Size S-XXL) - $45
- Women’s Short Sleeve T-Shirt (Size S-XXL) - $20
- Women’s Hooded Sweatshirt (Size S-XL) - $45
- Unisex Hat (adjustable) - $20
- Kids Long Sleeve T-Shirt (Sizes 8,10,12) - $20
- Infant Onesie – (Sizes 6/12, 12/18, 18/24 months) - $15
- Fold-Up Zip Top Tote Bag – (one size) - $15
- Soft Lunch Bag – (one size) - $15
- Magnet - $3