NEW YORK, NY – (June 6, 2007) Tribeca Drive-In at Rockefeller Center, a unique outdoor film series, will bring summer drive-in movies to Rockefeller Center from June 19th – 22nd. The outdoor screenings, sponsored by In Style, and Dodge, return to midtown Manhattan for its fourth year, partnering for the first time with Tribeca Enterprises, the parent company of the Tribeca Film Festival, to program the film series. This year's series will premiere three of the films to New York audiences and one Tribeca Film Festival ’07 crowd pleaser. Also new to the summer Series, Tribeca Enterprises will program a short film showcase at the Top of the Rock Observation Deck at Rockefeller Center presented by Nintendo World™ store.
The free four night public event, hosted by Tishman Speyer, will feature an independent film screening each evening on a massive 30’ X 50’ screen erected in front of 30 Rockefeller Plaza. Dodge Cars will line the Channel Gardens off 5th Avenue, and select visitors will be able to sit in the new model cars as they enjoy the films. The feature films are:
- Tuesday, June 19th - Watching the Detectives directed and written by Paul Soter and preceded by the short film, Super Powers directed by J. Anderson Mitchell and Jeremy Kipp Walker, which recently won the Tribeca Film Festival Special Jury Prize for Best Narrative Short.
- Wednesday, June 20th - Arctic Tale a documentary directed by Adam Ravetch and Sarah Robertson.
- Thursday, June 21st - MO directed and written by Brian Scott Lederman.
- Friday, June 22nd - Netherbeast Incorporated directed by Dean Ronalds, written by Bruce Dellis.
For the first time, the summer series will also include a short film showcase, the Tribeca Drive-In Short Film Series at Top of the Rock sponsored by Nintendo World™ store. The Series, open to visitors to Top of the Rock during the four-day event, will present:
- For All the Marbles - directed by Kris Booth, written by Brian Hartigan
- Heart of Whistler - directed by Ken Hegan, written by John Meadows and Hegan
- Piece by Piece - directed by Sachi Schuricht
- Sand Dancer - directed by Valerie Reid
Additionally, the three top selections from the Nintendo Short Cuts Showcase - short films containing a Nintendo® theme - were created by aspiring filmmakers and chosen as winners in contest by a panel of judges. Both the Tribeca Drive-In Short Film Series and the Nintendo Short Cuts Showcase will be presented in a continuous loop at the famous Weather Room at Top of the Rock during the four-day event from 8:30AM - midnight.
“We are excited to show audiences these fun and diverse films that Tribeca has brought to us and delighted to be working again with Nintendo, In Style and Dodge to create this exciting Series,” said Thomas Madden, Managing Director of Tishman Speyer. “This annual event has become one of New York’s top summer outdoor happenings.”
“The independent film industry offers Dodge a unique opportunity to connect with consumers, once again, through the Tribeca Drive-In at Rockefeller Center. Coinciding with the launch of the All-New Dodge Avenger, our target consumer is further engaged through a series of innovative films highlighting the individuality and vigor Dodge finds vital when grabbing life and living it with passion, energy, and attitude,” commented Mark Spencer, Senior Manager of Dodge Communications.
“This event will expose independent features and short films to a broad audience and we are excited to show the films that have been selected,” said Jon Patricof, COO of Tribeca Enterprises. “Partnering on this Drive-In event with Tishman Speyer allows us to continue to expand the audience for independent film and offer unique film experiences year round.”
Following are the feature film descriptions:
- Watching the Detectives, directed and written by Paul Soter and starring Lucy Liu, Cillian Murphy, Jason Sudeikis, Michael Panes, Callie Thorne, Michael Yurchak. (U.S.A). Neil (Cillian Murphy) is a quirky cinephile who wishes his life were more like his favorite film noirs. Enter Violet (Lucy Liu), a real-life femme fatale who really does turn life into the movies. Sometimes love is stranger than fiction, and Neil is about to discover just how strange it can be.
- Arctic Tale, directed by Adam Ravetch and Sarah Robertson. (U.S.A.) - NY Premiere. An epic adventure that explores the vast world of the Great North. The film follows the walrus, Seela and the polar bear, Nanu, on their journey from birth to adolescence to maturity and parenthood in the frozen Arctic wilderness. Once a perpetual winter wonderland of snow and ice, the walrus and the polar bear are losing their beautiful icebound world as it melts from underneath them. Narrated by Queen Latifah. A Paramount Vantage Release
- MO, directed and written by Brian Scott Lederman and starring Erik Per Sullivan, Margo Martindale, and Adam Lefevre. (U.S.A.) - NY Premiere. Every kid wants to be cool and fit in – life’s a blast even when you’re different. When Mo’s reflection is revealed, he sees a body that doesn’t quite resemble any of his peers. Here, he tells the tale of his youth, growing up on the south shore of Long Island, New York- How his parents support him, how his wacky brother keeps him laughing, and how his friends help him to escape. After discovering that the reason behind all of his physical differences is a genetic mutation called “Marfan Syndrome”, Mo is forced to come to terms with a more serious reality: he will never be able to do many of the things that the people around him take for granted and he will have to prepare himself for a major heart surgery. As we venture away from our own realities, Mo takes us into his world of hanging out, discovering girls, dealing with school and the doctor’s office, going to parties, trying sports, getting stoned, and contemplating God.
- Netherbeast Incorporated, directed by Dean Ronalds and starring Darrell Hammond, Judd Nelson, Dave Foley, Jason Mewes, Steve Burns, Amy Davidson and Robert Wagner. (U.S.A.) - NY Premiere. A quirky twist on the vampire tale, set in modern day corporate America. Employees of Berm-Tech Industries, Inc. have kept the family secret for a long time. For years it has been business as usual, until the top vampire in charge contracts a dreaded disease and invites the first humans to work in the office in more than a century. Soon the new employees discover that some of their associates are not what they appear to be, especially the dead one in the cubicle with a wooden stake through his heart.
Tribeca Drive-In at Rockefeller Center will open at 6:00PM daily with the movies beginning at 9:00PM. To complete the summertime movie experience, popcorn and drinks will be available for purchase. Screenings will take place rain or shine.
Tribeca Drive-In Short Film Series at Top of the Rock
will be shown from 8:30AM - midnight. Ticket prices for Top of the Rock are $17.50 for adults, $16.00 for seniors and $11.25 for children six to 11 years old. Those interested in visiting the observation deck can reserve their visits via the website www.topoftherocknyc.com
. Tribeca Enterprises
Tribeca Enterprises is a diversified multi-platform media company located in New York City. Established in 2003 by Robert De Niro, Jane Rosenthal and Craig Hatkoff, the company currently operates a network of branded entertainment businesses including the Tribeca Film Festival, Tribeca Cinemas and Tomorrow Unlimited. The Company's mission is to provide artists with unique platforms to expand the audience for their works and to broaden the access point for consumers to experience independent film and media. Nintendo World™
Nintendo World is Nintendo’s flagship retail outlet in the United States. Located in Rockefeller Center in the heart of New York, Nintendo World offers 10,000 square feet of hands-on video game entertainment. People from all around the world visit the store to try out new and upcoming Nintendo video games, purchase unique Nintendo merchandise or attend one of the many special events held there. For more information about Nintendo World, visit nintendoworldstore.com
The worldwide innovator in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Wii(tm), Nintendo DS(tm), Game Boy® Advance and Nintendo GameCube(tm) systems. Since 1983, Nintendo has sold nearly 2.4 billion video games and more than 409 million hardware units globally, and has created industry icons like Mario(tm), Donkey Kong®, Metroid®, Zelda(tm) and Pokémon®. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo's operations in the Western Hemisphere. For more information about Nintendo, visit the company's Web site at www.nintendo.com.
Note to editors: Nintendo press materials are available at press.nintendo.com, a password-protected site. To obtain a login, please contact Stacy Cail at 206-505-8322 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Users can receive instant Nintendo information by subscribing to the site's RSS feed.
Dodge sold more than 1.4 million vehicles worldwide in 2005. With a 6.8 percent market share, Dodge is the fifth largest nameplate in the United States and will arrive in European volume segments in 2006 with the international launch of the Dodge Caliber.
2008 Dodge Avenger
The 2008 Dodge Avenger is an all-new mid-size sedan that combines bold, aggressive Dodge styling with innovative interior features, high-levels of safety and reliability, exhilarating performance and excellent fuel efficiency of 30 miles per gallon (mpg) (32 mpg based on 2007 EPA fuel economy standards). Among the Avenger's standard features that would make any commuter safer and more comfortable are side-curtain and front-seat-mounted side air bags, Chill Zone(tm), theft alarm and a tilt/telescoping steering wheel. The Dodge Avenger has a starting U.S.
MSRP of $18,895, including destination.
In Style, the trusted source for celebrity style, was launched in June 1994 by Time Inc. and has emerged as the world's premier media brand in celebrity, style, fashion, beauty and beyond. In Style takes a uniquely fun and inviting attitude towards celebrity style, fashion, beauty and lifestyle in all its forms including its flagship magazine which reaches an audience of 9.6 million readers each month.
Top of the Rock
Rockefeller Center’s historic observation deck presents an incomparable place from which to understand and celebrate New York City. The observation deck includes three lower levels and three upper levels housed in the 70-story architectural heart of Rockefeller Center, 30 Rockefeller Plaza. The observation deck was first opened to the public in 1933. The multi-level Top of the Rock offers state-of-the-art features such as reserved-time tickets, multi-media exhibits, an indoor viewing area, and transparent, safety glass panels to allow completely unobstructed open-air views encompassing some of the city’s most prominent landmarks, from the Chrysler Building to the Statue of Liberty to all of Central Park and the Hudson and East Rivers.
Tishman Speyer is the co-owner and manager of Rockefeller Center, which is the site of numerous public exhibits and events, including the New York International Orchid Show, the UBS Golf Challenge, Democracy Plaza, Centennial of Flight and numerous public art installations. Tishman Speyer is committed to the preservation and restoration of Rockefeller Center and recently refurbished and reopened Top of the Rock, the observation deck atop 30 Rockefeller Plaza, in November 2005 after a 20-year closure. Top of the Rock, first opened to the public in 1933, provides visitors with an opportunity to appreciate the architecture of Rockefeller Center and its significance to the growth of New York City. Each day an estimated 250,000 people walk through the Rockefeller Plaza complex, which is home to the most famous Christmas Tree in the world.
For more information public can call (212) 332-6577 or log onto www.rockefellercenter.com.