Creating an account with Tribecafilm.com gives you access to more features and services, like our weekly newsletter and other special features just for the film community.SIGN UP
The mission of the Tribeca Film Festival is to create platforms for filmmakers to reach the best possible audience for their work. Since submission of a film constitutes acceptance of these Entry Rules & Regulations (by filmmakers and their agents), please review this document carefully.
*If a Feature WIP film sent in by the Late Deadline is selected, the film must be completed by March 2010. Submitted works that are not final cuts must be clearly marked “Work in Progress (WIP)” or “Rough Cut” with an indication of what will change or what is missing (e.g., temp sound, Avid output, animation, etc.).
Due to the volume of submissions, only ONE replacement copy (i.e. Final Cut) will be accepted.
*Replacement copies will NOT be accepted after January 11, 2010, unless solicited by the Festival.
Note: Entry fees are in US Dollars, per film and non-refundable. Read eligibility requirements carefully prior to submitting.
Students: Fee waived for student entries if a photocopy of current and valid student ID card or letter from school verifying enrollment is submitted at time of entry.
To be eligible for consideration:
(1) Entrants must fully comply with these Entry Rules & Regulations, including deadline(s) and entry material requirements, selected film requirements and premiere requirements for specific TFF10 sections (see below).
(2) Non-English language works must either have English subtitles or be accompanied by dialogue lists in both English and the original language.
(3) Submitted works must not, prior to or (unless approved in advance by Festival) during TFF10, be:
Apply online at www.tribecafilm.com/festival/ and mail all required entry materials (see below).
All entries must include the following:
(1) An online official TFF10 “Entry Form” properly completed and submitted.
(2) The entry fee(s) (or student ID photocopy), which is payable by credit card (American Express, Visa, or MasterCard, Discover). You must include a copy of your payment receipt if you have paid by credit card.
(3) TWO DVD copies of the work, formatted for multi-zone or for Zone 1 (North America), labeled with the work’s title, running time, director(s) name(s).
* Entry materials will not be returned.
Each entered work must be accompanied by its own entry form and by a separate DVD; please do not send a compilation DVD composed of works for separate entries.
If your work was submitted and considered for previous editions of the Tribeca Film Festival, you may re-enter it if you have made significant changes and if all eligibility requirements are met (see above).
Festival programmers select and invite all the films to be presented at TFF10, with premieres given priority. Invited filmmakers will be notified (by email, phone or fax via the information in the submitted entry form) around mid-March 2010. Most updates and correspondence will be sent via email. Make sure to update us with any other festival invitations prior to TFF10 at email@example.com. Festival may rescind invitations if the film’s eligibility status changes.
You must fulfill the following requirements by the date(s) designated by the Festival upon invitation:
(1) You will be required to execute a release and agreement wherein you (i) accept responsibility for obtaining any and all clearances necessary to exhibit your film at 9th Annual Tribeca Film Festival (“TFF10”) (ii) warrant that you have the rights necessary to exhibit your film at TFF10 (iii) indemnify and hold harmless Tribeca Film Festival NYC, LLC at its affiliates against any claim arising out of exhibition of your film at TFF10.
(2) You will be responsible for delivery of the exhibition copy of the invited work in one of the Exhibition Formats specified below to the address designated by the Festival. The Festival will arrange and cover the cost of the return shipping of your print or video after the conclusion of the Festival. We recommend shipment via courier in order to permit the tracking of your entry once it leaves your hands.
(3) You will provide a properly completed and signed official TFF10 “Film Information Form” including all press and publication assets as specified in the “Materials Checklist.”
(4) You will provide at least one DVD copy of the finalized and completed film for Festival archives.
Works invited to participate in the TFF10 will be shown in the section Festival programmers determine most appropriate in their sole discretion.
World Narrative Features
World Documentary Features
Shorts (narrative and documentary - under 40 minutes)
Out of Competition (all must be at least NY premieres unless otherwise noted):
Tribeca/ESPN Sports Film Festival
Sloan Science and Technology Film Series
Youth Media Series (narrative and documentary – 15 minutes or less)
All submissions must be sent prepaid (including any applicable customs fees) to:
Tribeca Film Festival
Attn: ENTRIES – “Film Title” – SHORT or FEATURE (Label appropriate category on outside of package)
375 Greenwich Street
New York, NY 10013
Submissions FAQ (will be available on September 18).