2017 TRIBECA X AWARD SUBMISSION FAQS
- Deadlines and Fees
- Transmedia Project Submissions
- Requirements and Eligibility
1. How do I submit my film to the Tribeca X Award?
To submit your film to the Tribeca X Award, you will have to complete the online submission form at www.tribecafilm.com/festival/submissions, pay the applicable submissions fee and include a streaming link to your film on the application. Please review the Rules and Regulations carefully prior to completing the online entry form.
Please note that our online submissions form is available ONLY on our website at www.tribecafilm.com/festival/submissions.
2. Can you mail or fax me a submissions form?
No. We are only accepting online applications through our website at www.tribecafilm.com/festival/submissions.
3. What are the submissions deadlines and fees for the 2017 Tribeca Film Festival?
SUBMISSIONS OPEN: September 6, 2016, 10am ET
EARLY ENTRY DEADLINE: January 13, 2017, 6pm ET - $400 entry fee
OFFICIAL ENTRY DEADLINE: February 15, 2017, 6pm ET - $500 entry fee
4. How can I pay the submissions fee?
You must fill out the online submissions form first at www.tribecafilm.com/festival/submissions. At the end of the form, you will be prompted to pay the fee. We accept payment by credit card (American Express, Discover, Master Card, JCB, and Visa). Please do not send checks, money orders, or cash.
5. If I have already completed the online submission form, can I go back to edit information or to update my contact information or my film’s screening history?
Once you have completed and submitted the online form, you cannot go back to edit. If you need to change any information you have provided us with, you must email firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Can I submit a project that is a work-in-progress?
Yes. If you send a work-in-progress (WIP) version of your film, you may update your streaming link with a new version as long as you email us at email@example.com to notify us of the change. If the link or password changes at any time you must email or call to make the change or else risk forfeiting your submission. If the film is selected you must send us a complete, final exhibition copy before we screen it at the festival, as we do not exhibit works in progress at the festival.
7. Can I submit a trailer instead of a WIP or a completed film?
No. We will not be able to consider your film if you send in a trailer instead of a WIP or a completed film.
8. Do I have to obtain rights and clearances for the music or other copyrighted material included in my film?
At the time of submission, you are not yet required to obtain all rights and clearances. If your film is selected you must sign a release certifying that you have obtained all rights and clearances prior to exhibiting the film at the festival. Please review the Rules and Regulations carefully.
9. Can I submit more than one film?
You may submit up to three links to works that fall under the same brand campaign within the same submission. However, you may not submit links to multiple campaigns in the same submission. For each additional campaign you will have to fill out a separate entry form and pay a separate fee.
10. What is your preferred format for submission?
All films must be submitted via a streaming link(s) with a password, if applicable. Our preference is Vimeo links; however, we can accept links to other streaming sites including your own site, a YouTube link, etc. If you have any extenuating circumstances that prohibit you from making a streaming link of your film, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Is there a tracking number for submission?
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email after submitting your online application with a submission number. Please reference this and the project title when inquiring about your project.
12. Is there an age restriction?
There is no age restriction for filmmakers, but submitters must be at least 18 years of age.
13. Can I submit to Tribeca if I’ve already submitted to other festivals and am still waiting to hear back?
Yes, submitting to other festivals does not negatively impact your submission at all! If you decide to accept an invitation for another festival that happens before TFF17, we ask that you please email email@example.com or call 212-941-2305 so that we may update our records with your premiere status.
14. How do I know if my film is eligible for consideration?
To be eligible for consideration:
- The project must have been made with the support of a brand in collaboration with artists or filmmakers.
- Projects must have a storytelling element; projects that are strictly intended as commercial spots will not be considered.
- The project must have been produced after January 1, 2016. Please see our rules and regulations for complete eligibility requirements.
15. When and how will I know if my film has been selected?
We notify ALL persons designated as “submitter” via email of their status by April 2017. Please make sure your contact information is up to date. If you have not received any notification by mid-April 2017, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an official notification.
16. If my film isn’t chosen to screen during your Festival, will you let me know why?
No. Due to the large volume of submissions our programmers cannot offer individual critiques.
17. When does the Tribeca Film Festival take place?
The 16th Tribeca Film Festival will take place April 19 - April 30, 2017.