2016 TRIBECA X AWARD RULES & REGULATIONS
The Tribeca X Award is a juried award for branded storytelling recognizing the intersection of advertising and entertainment. The Tribeca X Award is open to all work produced between January 2015 and March 2016 funded with the support of a brand in collaboration with artists or filmmakers. Eligible projects include scripted and documentary work for film, TV, digital, social, and VR/AR, in both feature or short length. The top projects will be highlighted by the Tribeca Film Festival (the “Festival”), and a jury will award the winning selection at the Festival.KEY DATES
- February 8, 2016 (10am ET) – Submissions open
- March 18, 2016 (6pm ET) – Submissions close – all entries must have been completed and received by the Festival at this time.
- April 13 – 24, 2016 – 15th Annual Tribeca Film Festival in NYC (the “TFF16”)
The Festival requires that all projects be submitted via a password-protected streaming URL link. (If you are unable or unwilling to submit your project by URL link, follow the prompts in the online entry form to contact the Festival programming team to discuss an alternate method of entry). Links must remain active and accessible through April 24, 2016. A downloadable version of the project must be available on the same streaming link. Please prepare this link in advance of beginning your online film entry form.
Note: Submissions may be in work-in-progress form; however, projects that are not final cuts must be clearly marked Work in Progress (“WIP”) or Rough Cut with an indication of what will change or what is missing (e.g., temp sound, Avid output, missing animation, etc.) either indicated in the project cut itself or within the copy display in the streaming link. As long as the streaming link remains the same and password does not change you may update the link with newer cuts as they are available up until the last applicable entry deadline noted above. In the unlikely event of a password change or link change you must email the Festival immediately with that change so we may update your record. If the Festival is not notified of the change and the link is found to be inactive or the password to be incorrect the Festival will send an email to the submitter’s address on file to follow up. If a response with the correct information is not received within forty-eight (48) hours, the submission may be deemed ineligible.
- $400 per submitted project
Note: Entry fees are in U.S. Dollars, are per project and are non-refundable. The Festival reserves the right to disqualify a submission, without refund of any kind, if eligibility requirements are not met including if eligibility status changes post-submission.
To be eligible for consideration:
- You must fully comply with these Entry Rules & Regulations, including all deadlines, entry material and other requirements.
- Non-English language works must have English subtitles at the time submitted. Dialogue lists will not be accepted.
- The project must have been produced between January 1, 2015 and March 18, 2016.
Note: If subsequent to its initial consideration, the Festival determines that a submission no longer meets all of the criteria listed in the applicable chart above, the submission will be designated ineligible.
Apply online at http://www.tribecafilm.com/festival/submissions and, after fully completing the online entry form, click “submit”. Please note the online entry form will require you to submit a password-protected URL that links to your project in order to be completed, so plan accordingly and be sure the film has been fully uploaded and the link and password work prior to filling out your online entry form.
All entries must include the following:
- An official TFF16 online entry form, properly completed.
- As applicable, a password protected streaming link of the project.
- The entry fee for the submission (see the “Entry Fees” section above), which is payable ONLY by credit card (American Express, Visa, MasterCard, TCB, or Discover).
Note: It is your sole responsibility to ensure that your online entry form is properly submitted. Approximately 24 hours after you have completed and submitted your online entry form, you will receive an email confirmation. If more than 24 hours have passed and you have not received an email confirmation, you may email the Festival at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at (212) 941-2305 to follow up. It is also your responsibility to ensure the streaming link is functional and the link and password submitted are accurate. The password protected link must be active at least through April 24, 2016. Regardless of your method of entry, all entry materials MUST be received by the Festival no later than the applicable deadlines referenced above. The Festival reserves the right to disqualify any submission, without refund of any kind, if it is not completed in accordance with these Entry Rules and Regulations.
*All physical entry materials received by the Festival will not be returned and will be destroyed or discarded by the Festival.
Each project must be individually submitted and accompanied by its own completed online entry form; please do not send links to multiple projects in your online entry form, as any or all of them may be disqualified.
Festival programmers select and invite all projects to be recognized at the TFF16 (see eligibility requirements above). The Festival will notify applicable project contact(s) by email or phone via the information provided on the submitted entry form. Make sure to update the Festival with new contact information and any other information that may affect a project’s eligibility prior to the TFF16 at email@example.com.
If your project is selected to be recognized at the TFF16, you will be notified of your status as a finalist. Your project may be exhibited on the Festival website (www.tribecafilm.com) at the discretion of the Festival. If your project is selected, you must also fulfill the following requirements by the date(s) designated by the Festival:
- You must execute a release agreement wherein you (i) accept responsibility for obtaining any and all clearances necessary to exhibit your project in connection with the TFF16; (ii) warrant that you have the rights necessary to exhibit your project in connection with the TFF16; and (iii) indemnify and hold harmless Tribeca Film Festival NYC, LLC, its parent company, its affiliates, and subsidiaries and any of their respective directors, officers, employees, and representatives against any claim arising out of exhibition of your project in connection with the TFF16.
- The required exhibition formats and delivery date deadlines will be confirmed by the Festival after finalist notifications have been extended and confirmed. Please check in with the Festival staff before creating your Festival exhibition copy or copies to ensure the format and technical specifications are correct