2016 TRIBECA X AWARD FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Below is a list of questions the festival recieves each year during the submission process. Please read thoroughly before submiting your film.
1. How do I submit my film to the Tribeca Film Festival?
To submit your film to the Tribeca X AWARD, you will have to complete the online submission form at www.tribecafilm.com/festival/submissions, pay the applicable submissions fee and include a streaming link to your film on the application. Please review the Rules and Regulations carefully prior to completing the online entry form.
Please note that our online submissions form is available ONLY on our website at www.tribecafilm.com/festival/submissions
2. Can you mail or fax me a submissions form?
No. We are only accepting online applications through our website at www.tribecafilm.com/festival/submissions.
3. What are the submissions deadline and fees for the 2015 Tribeca Film Festival?
SUBMISSIONS OPEN: Monday, February 8, 2016, 10am EST - $400 entry fee
OFFICIAL ENTRY DEADLINE: FEATURES Friday, March 18, 2016, 6pm EST
4. How can I pay the submissions fee?
You must fill out the online submissions form first at www.tribecafilm.com/festival/submissions. At the end of the form, you will be prompted to pay the fee. We accept payment by credit card (American Express, Discover, Master Card, JCB, and Visa). Please do not send checks, money orders, or cash..
5. If I have already completed the online submissions form, can I go back to edit information or to update my contact information or my film’s screening history?
Once you have completed and submitted the online form, you cannot go back to edit. If you need to change any information you have provided us with, you must email firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Can I submit a film that is a work-in-progress?
Yes. If you send a work-in-progress (WIP) version of your film, you may update your streaming link with a new version as long as you email us email@example.com to notify us of the change. If the link or password changes at any time you must email or call to make the change or else risk forfeiting your submission. If the film is selected you must send us a complete, final exhibition copy before we screen it at the festival, as we do not exhibit works in progress at the festival.
7. Can I submit a trailer instead of a WIP or a completed film?
No. We will not be able to consider your film if you send in a trailer instead of a WIP or a completed film.
8. Do I have to obtain rights and clearances for the music or other copyrighted material included in my film?
At the time of submission, you are not yet required to obtain all rights and clearances. If your film is selected you must sign a release certifying that you have obtained all rights and clearances prior to exhibiting the film at the festival. Please review the Rules and Regulations carefully.
9. Can I submit more than one film?
You may submit more than one film as long as each film meets the eligibility requirements. For each submission you will have to fill out a separate entry form and pay a separate fee..
10. What is your preferred format for submission?
All films must be submitted via a password protected streaming link. This may link to Vimeo, your own site, an unlisted private YouTube link, etc. as long as the link is not public. If you have any extenuating circumstances that prohibit you from making a streaming link of your film, please email us at .
11. Is there a tracking number for submission?
Yes, you will receive a confirmation email after submitting your online application with a submission number. Please reference this and the project title when inquiring about your project..
12. Is there an age restriction?
There is no age restriction for filmmakers, but submitters must be at least 18 years of age.
13. Can I submit to Tribeca if I’ve already submitted to other festivals and am still waiting to hear back?
Yes, submitting to other festivals does not negatively impact your submission at all! If you decide to accept an invitation for another festival that happens before TFF16, we ask that you please email firstname.lastname@example.org call 212-941-2305 so that we may update our records with your premiere status.
14. How do I know if my film is eligible for consideration?
If your film has been produced after January 1 2015, you are eligible to submit.
15. When and how will I know if my film has been selected?
We notify ALL persons designated as “submitter” via email of their status by April 2016. Please make sure your contact information is up to date. If you have not received any notification by mid-April 2016, please email email@example.com for an official notification.
16. If my film isn’t chosen to screen during your Festival, will you let me know why?
No. Due to the large volume of submissions our programmers cannot offer individual critiques..
17. When does the Tribeca Film Festival take place?
The 15th Tribeca Film Festival will take place April 13 - April 24, 2016.