2017 TRIBECA SNAPCHAT SHORTS RULES & REGULATIONS
The Tribeca Film Festival (“Festival”) and Snap Inc. are excited to announce Tribeca Snapchat Shorts, an official Festival category, created in effort to discover visionary artists in the mobile space. This new category provides the perfect opportunity for people who are passionate about Snapchat and narrative storytelling to present their mastery of the smallest screen. The Festival and Snap Inc. are excited to support the next generation of storytellers and promote creativity on Snapchat. Since submission of a filmmaker's project constitutes acceptance of these Entry Rules & Regulations (by you and your agents), please review this document carefully.
The Tribeca Snapchat Shorts are not sponsored or administered by Snap Inc.
- December 15, 2016 (10am ET) – Submissions open
- February 17, 2017 (6pm ET) – Submissions close – all entries must have been completed and received by the Festival at this time.
- April 19 – 30, 2016 – 16th Annual Tribeca Film Festival in NYC (the “TFF17”)
There is no fee required to submit. Submissions are limited to one entry per person/Snapchat account.
To be eligible for consideration:
- You must fully comply with these Entry Rules & Regulations, including all deadlines, entry material and other requirements.
- Non-English language works must have English subtitles at the time submitted.
- The project must have been produced after December 15, 2016, but before February 17, 2017.
- Projects can be made using any Snapchat creative tools, like Lenses, Geofilters, etc. Snap Inc. product, like Spectacles and Memories. Projects must appear in the Snapchat style. All video entries must be shot vertically. Submitters are expressly prohibited from using any additional third party editing apps.
- The project must be 120 seconds or less.
- Submitters must be US residents age 18 or older at the time of submitting your entry.
- TheProject must be suitable for an audience of teenagers as young as 13 years of age and sensitive content must not be included in eligible submissions. Sensitive content includes, without limitation, nudity or other pornographic imagery; inappropriate or lewd depictions of children under the age of 18; weapons, ammunition, or explosives; promoting drug or alcohol abuse, including any glamorization of drinking to excess, tobacco, e-cigarettes, illegal drugs, or pharmaceuticals; violent or upsetting content, including violence towards others, suicide, self-harm, eating disorders, and sexual assault; indecent, obscene, profane, or otherwise objectionable content; hate speech or any content that discriminates based on race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or medical conditions; and content that promotes or advocates any of the foregoing.
- Submitters must have obtained clearances from all applicable individuals or entities, any and all required rights, releases, consents, clearances, licenses and other authorizations necessary to exploit the short at the TFF17, online via Festival’s website, or by Snap Inc.
HOW TO ENTER
Apply online at http://www.tribecafilm.com/festival/submissions and, after fully completing the online entry form, click “submit”. Please note that videos must be uploaded in MP4 or .MOV file formats.
All entries must include the following:
- An official TFF17 online entry form, properly completed.
- A MP4 or .MOV file of the completed short.
Note: It is your sole responsibility to ensure that your online entry form is properly submitted. Within 24 hours of completing and submitting your online entry form, you should receive an email confirmation. If more than 24 hours have passed and you have not received an email confirmation, you may email the Festival at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at (212) 941-2305 to follow up. All entry materials MUST be received by the Festival no later than the applicable deadlines referenced above. The Festival reserves the right to disqualify any submission, without refund of any kind, if it is not completed in accordance with these Entry Rules and Regulations. Snap Inc. is not a sponsor of this program and your entry submission or participation in this program serves as your express release of Snap Inc. from all claims based on, related to, or arising from this program.
Submissions are limited one entry per person/Snapchat account. Multiple entries will result in disqualification.
Festival programmers select and invite all projects to be recognized at the TFF17 (see eligibility requirements above). The Festival will notify contact(s) of invited projects by email or phone via the information provided on the submitted entry form. Make sure to update the Festival with new contact information and any other information that may affect a project’s eligibility prior to the TFF17 at email@example.com.
IF YOUR PROJECT IS SELECTED
If your project is selected to be recognized at the TFF17, you will be notified by the Festival of your status. Your project may also be exhibited at the Festival, on the Festival website (www.tribecafilm.com) and in the Snapchat app at the discretion of the Festival. If your project is selected, you must fulfill the following requirements by the date(s) designated by the Festival:
- You must execute a release agreement wherein you (i) accept responsibility for obtaining any and all clearances necessary to exhibit your project in connection with the TFF17; (ii) warrant that you have the rights necessary to exhibit your project in connection with the TFF17; and (iii) indemnify and hold harmless Tribeca Film Festival NYC, LLC, its parent company, its affiliates, and subsidiaries and any of their respective directors, officers, employees, partners, contractors, and representatives against any claim arising out of exhibition of your project in connection with the TFF17.
- TheYou must provide at least MP4 or .MOV file of the final, completed project for Festival archives and internal purposes.
Festival will designate a jury of approximately five tech and/or entertainment industry notables (the “Jury”) to evaluate select submissions. The Jury will judge the submissions based on a variety of elements, including but not limited to, originality, creativity, how well a plot is relayed to the audience, and technical merit.
Up to five films invited to particioate in the TFF17 will be shown in the section and receive prizes including the following:
- Prize 1: Receive a chance to be featured on the Snapchat application.
- Prize 2: One official Tribeca Film Festival filmmaker pass (good for the filmmaker to access screenings and events at the Tribeca Festival Hub during the 2017 Tribeca Film Festival, which include the Tribeca Snapchat Short Premiere party).