Tribeca Film Festival Press Credential Information
Thank you for your interest in attending and covering the 2019 Tribeca Film Festival, presented by AT&T. Tribeca is a gathering place for storytellers driven by discovering new filmmakers, supporting new work from established filmmakers, and exploring new realms of storytelling and the innovators breaking boundaries in these areas. With film at the core of the Festival, we have also built programs to support all storytellers and to showcase: independently created episodic work for the online space (N.O.W. – New Online Work), highly anticipated TV programming (Tribeca TV), premiere the most anticipated virtual reality projects (Tribeca Immersive), host captivating talks with creators (Tribeca Talks), anticipated film reunions, live music events, and explore the world of games with a focus on those who are using storytelling, art and design to transform the medium.
Press registration is currently open through Thursday March 7, 2019. Applications received after this date will not be considered..
In order to make the accreditation process easier, we recommend that you fill out the application form after you have gathered all required materials as detailed below.
You will need to submit/upload the following materials with your request form:
- An assignment letter or email from your editor/producer
- The letter must specify in as much detail as possible the type and focus of the planned editorial coverage.
- If you are a freelancer, your letter must come from the editor/producer of the outlet for which you will be covering detailing the type and focus on the planned editorial coverage.
- A photo for your credential
- Photos must be submitted as JPG files with the size at least 170 x 170 pixels (6cm x 6cm) and preferably less than 425 x 425 pixels (15cm x 15cm).
- The photo should be a passport style/driver's license head shot.
- Applicants who covered the 2018 Tribeca Film Festival are not required to submit a new photo.
- Photos are not needed for photographers or crews.
- Recent coverage of a film festival or a film-related story, film review or arts/entertainment story written or produced by you. All returning media should provide their 2018 Festival coverage.
NOTE: Embargo regulation for world premieres
Reviews of films that celebrate their world premiere at the Festival may only be published after the official premiere. All journalists seeking accreditation to the Festival declare their acceptance of this embargo".
Approval or denial of accreditation
The Festival reserves the right to approve or deny accreditation. The decision is final and cannot be appealed.
You will be notified regarding the status of your application by the end of March. If your application is approved, we will send you specific details regarding your credential and the press offerings at the Festival. If you are traveling to the Festival from outside the tri-state area and need to confirm your application status earlier than March in order to make travel plans please reach out to the Press Office.